Carol Bongiovanni, D.M.D. (Dr. Bongiovanni) grew up around Aquidneck Island and received a Bachelor of Science Degree from The Rennselaer Polytechnic Institute with a major in Biology. She graduated from Tufts Dental School with a D.M.D. in 1993 and completed her orthodontic residency in 1995. She moved to Marin County, California after graduation and worked full time in a private practice until 2016. In 2017, she moved back to Rhode Island to be closer to her family.
- Dr. Bongiovanni volunteered as an associate professor in the orthodontic department at the University of the Pacific in San Francisco for 15 years.
- She was a member of the Marin County Dental Care Society that provides dental care for undeserved children.
- Her interest in orthodontics started when she had braces as a teenager and was encouraged by her new, healthy smile at the finish of the treatment. Her orthodontist became her inspiration!
- She enjoys traveling, hiking, skiing, snowboarding and baking for willing recipients!
- One of her favorite things about moving back home is seeing all four seasons again
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics
- Rhode Island Dental Association
- Rhode Island Association of Orthodontics
- South County Dental Society
- Fellow International College of Dentists